Why should you put so much attention toward your website’s on-page SEO? Besides knowing that the basic purpose of building a website is to share information or promote your product or services, increasing the number of visitors means that you are doing well and it will benefit your business.
But this dream can only become a reality if your site ranks higher in search results. To make it happen, you need to invest time in SEO. During this process, all you need to do is tweak your website and make it more visible to Google.
What Is On-Page SEO?
Webmasters divide their SEO into two main categories: On-page and Off-page SEO. In this article, we will discuss the process of On-page SEO, which relates to everything you do on your website to make it more visible and rank higher.
Why Is It So Important?
On-page SEO helps Google relate your website to its search queries. If Google doesn’t know what your site is offering, you can’t get it ranked higher. The major purpose of On-page SEO is to make your site easy to understand for crawler bots. By scanning the content, page titles, and images, Google will know what your site is all about and can rank it accordingly.
Handy Tips for On-Page SEO
- Perfect keywords: Finding great keywords is the most essential aspect of On-page SEO. Carefully create a list of high-volume, low-competition, and relevant keywords. Make sure to use them wisely throughout your content.
- Content optimization: Google scans the content of your site carefully when it indexes it. So, you need to optimize your content by using keywords throughout, including headers, descriptions, and meta tags. However, don’t stuff your content, or you’ll risk suffering a penalty.
- SEO-friendly URLs: Have your domain or URL be useful for SEO. Try to include keywords.
- Meta tags: Using keywords in the meta tags is important. These are the descriptions that show below the website link in a search result, which is what visitors see before even visiting your site. Using keywords make it more relevant to the search query.
- Descriptive Alt Text: Since Google is unable to read images, it uses alt text to identify them. Don’t forget to use keywords in these small descriptions too.
- Internal links: Users can easily navigate throughout your site with internal links. In addition, they are a great resource for On-page SEO.
- Content sharing: If the content of your site is popular on social platforms, it helps get a higher rank. Include all social sharing buttons on your website.
- Mobile-friendly: Google prefers sites that offer the best mobile experience. So, while optimizing your site, make sure to make it user-friendly for mobile users.
- Contact information: Provide all the information regarding you and your business, including your address, phone, location, etc.
On-page SEO is vital to ranking high on Google and ultimately, the success of your business. Try out one of the above methods to get started!